[PRL] CSG 264, available RAship

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Sep 4 16:47:37 EDT 2008

Two somewhat related items:

1.  I am offering G264 Semantics this Fall.  It is scheduled for Mon Wed
250-430.   Right now we have only two students signed up (Dan and Feng).
Agnes is making threatening noises, saying we need 5-6 people to allow the
course to run.

Let me remind you that we pretty much expect everybody in the PRL to take
this course.  So if you haven't taken it already, you should sign up for it
now.  (Aaron, Shelby, and Zane:  this means you).

Also, in the past we've had a number of students sit through 264 for a
second time.  If you are planning on doing this, please let me know, so I
can tell Agnes.

2.  As you may or may not know, I got an NSF grant over the summer.   This
means that I have an RA position to fill.  The grant is technically for work
on macros, but it's NSF, so there's a lot of flexibility.  I don't have an
obvious candidate waiting in the wings, so my plan is to wait and not fill
the position until January.

So:  if you are interested, sign up for G264 and show me your talents.  If
you are interested and have already taken G264, come see me.

--Mitch