[PRL] Benjamin Pierce: Types Considered Harmful

Felix S Klock II pnkfelix at ccs.neu.edu
Fri May 30 11:32:16 EDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Dave Herman wrote:

> Where's the beef?

and on the subject of flesh:

Can someone with more knowledge of contracts than myself please flesh
out the last two bullets of slide 57 (page 29).  Please include (as
ketchup) which meaning of the word "reasonable" Pierce is likely to be
using here.

(Better still, just point me at the appropriate reference.  I'll
accept a chapter number in Robby Finder's thesis, or someone else's
thesis, if that is where the information can be found, but I won't
give credit for anything more coarse than that.)

((I'll admit I only spent a minute or three puzzling in my head before
giving up on trying to interpret how both mappings are reasonable.  So
maybe its obvious, but I would still appreciate an assist.))

Thanks,

-Felix