[PRL] Announce: Boston Lisp Meetings

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 26 15:40:14 EDT 2008

Faré Rideau, the person I worked most closely with at ITA last summer, is
trying to start up a monthly Boston Lisp Meeting, similar to the Scheme
Boston group that met at NEU a few years back.  He intends it to be
weighted more towards industrial use than, say, NEPLS is, but academic
research and theory are welcome as well.

So, he is inviting members of the Northeastern community, particularly PRL,
to participate, both as audience members and as speakers.  (He asked me for
a few recommendations for speakers, and I think he's already contacted
those of you whom I named.)  For further details, you can check out his
general announcement and call for speakers and participation at
<http://fare.livejournal.com/120393.html>.  The specific announcement for
next week's meeting is also available, at
<http://fare.livejournal.com/120778.html>.

I should point out that I'm not actually involved in the leadership of this
organization; Faré merely requested that I publicize it at Northeastern.
As such, I won't be sending any further information about this seminar to
the PRL mailing list.  Those of you who are interested may wish to sign up
for the announcement and discussion mailing lists described at the first
URL above.

Richard