[PRL] Fwd: TP Msg. #851 Reducing Over-Complexity in Your Scholarly Writing

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Mar 3 08:13:35 EST 2008

The real question is:

  what do you do if your advisor repeatedly marks up the same kind of
complexities in draft 1, 2, 3 ... and in paper 1, 2, 3 ...?

If you're the advisor, you get sick of marking up these things and
fix them (writing down fixes or going into svn). Bad news ... for
you. Show that you can learn because if your advisor writes the
papers (as I used to do) you just don't learn enough for when you hit
the road.

-- Matthias