[PRL] POPL Trip Report (part 2 of 2)

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Jan 11 08:27:32 EST 2008

Ahmed and I interacted with Vincent Danos during my sabbatical at Novartis.
Ahmed experimented with the Kappa calculus and he
showed  that standard graph grammar tools answer some of the same questions
as Kappa. Vincent came to Northeastern twice and he
shared his OCaml source code with us after signing an NDA.

Ahmed negotiated with Vincent regarding an internship but GMO, Ahmed's
current sponsor, was the winner.

I have not built on this connection after Novartis closed their Systems
Biology department.

It would be great to have Walter Fontana as distinguished speaker.

Back then, Matthias got me in touch with Danos.

-- Karl