[PRL] J Moore's grad student spiel

Pete Manolios pete at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Oct 30 09:17:32 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that I scheduled the "PhD spiel" for J today at
10:30 in 366. This is a real-life 5-min spiel for everyone, including those
who have separate appointments. As Matthias has said, you should think of
this as your chance to convince a top-10 chairman that looking to NU for
hiring a PL-ish person is worthwhile.

I reserved 366 until noon, so there should also be time for some 1-on-1 time
with J after the spiel.  I especially encourage those of you that are
considering academic jobs to try to chat with J afterwards.

--
Pete Manolios