[PRL] Brinch Hansen

Dave Herman dherman at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Oct 23 10:31:17 EDT 2007

The Danish-American researcher Per Brinch Hansen passed away earlier
this year. I just found a list of selections from his publications on
his web site and there is a lot of interesting stuff in there:

     http://brinch-hansen.net/papers/

A lot of his work is about concurrency. I think someone ought to pick a
couple of these and present them in PL Seminar. Of particular interest
(that I've noticed) are the classic works on monitors (and the critique
of Java's misuse of them) and "shared classes" as well as the languages
Edison, Joyce, and Concurrent Pascal.

Dave