[PRL] Demeter Seminar tomorrow

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Sep 26 21:53:19 EDT 2007

Demeter Seminar
Regular time: Thursday 10 - 11 am, 366 West Village H

September 27: Bryan Chadwick: Structure-shy Interpreters

Adaptive Programming allows us to add 'operations' to a Class/Data
hierarchy without adjusting the internals of the individual data-types.
This talk, more of a presentation followed by a group discussion, will
explore those ideas and their use in building a simple interpreter for
a subset of Scheme.  The hope is that as we add language constructs,
we can make simple additions to our interpreting visitors to adapt to
the new changes.

In addition I hope to have a discussion of SYB related
transformations, and how we can abstract a bit to do all sorts of
interesting things when/while adding new features to our mini language.

Future talks:

October 4: Ahmed Abdelmeged: Interposition and Cloning Visitors
October 18: Therapon Skotiniotis: Making AP safer
October 25: Ahmed Abdelmeged: Structure-shy Programming in Haskell

We have a Demeter Seminar mailing list:

Please sign up at: