[PRL] OCaml Journal

Joe Marshall jmarshall at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jun 22 13:27:15 EDT 2007

Er, the guy who runs ffconsultancy is a known usenet troll
and crackpot.  He has also been banned from Wikipedia for link spamming.
You might want to take a little extra care here.

Here are some choice quotes from this nut:
  ``Macros have been around for a long time and they never got serious
traction.''

  ``Few people write C any more.''

  ``The question is then: what is Lisp syntax good for? I think the
answer is "not a lot", which is why the vast majority of programmers
moved on to something better over the past 50 years.''

  ``Lisp doesn't have pattern matching.''

  ``When I first looked at Lisp, I found that it had two features that
set it apart from the crowd: EVAL and macros. Neither are particularly
useful.''

  ``Lisp is taught at university. Most computer science students used
it to learn the academic curiosity that is the metacircular
evaluator.''

On 6/22/07, Dave Herman <dherman at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> There's a new OCaml Journal out:
>
>     http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_journal/