[PRL] Fwd: Looking for new researchers to hire

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Mar 19 18:34:06 EDT 2007

>From Guy Steele--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guy Steele <Guy.Steele at sun.com>
Date: Mar 15, 2007 3:46 PM
Subject: Looking for new researchers to hire
To: Mitchell Wand <wand at ccs.neu.edu>

Hi, Mitch.  Sun Labs is looking for good people to hire, but I don't
have a good feel for who are the hot new PhDs coming out soon
who are interviewing or will be interviewing soon.  After 12.5 years
here at Sun Labs, I'm still feeling excited about the place---we've
got some really good people here and want to find more.  (Naturally,
I'm excited about the work my own team in doing on the Fortress
programming language, but there's other stuff going on as well,
my favorite being the hardware design work on proximity communication
(just Google it for info).)

I would be grateful if you can give me any leads, or can recommend
Sun Labs to students in your department (they can send resumes or
email directly to me at Guy.Steele at sun.com, or to my boss Steve Heller
at Steve.Heller at sun.com, either way).  By the way, let me remind you
and your students that Sun Labs is located on both coasts: Menlo Park,
California, and Burlington, Massachusetts (where I am).  Any info will
be helpful and much appreciated.

Yours,
Guy Steele