[PRL] Fwd: PhD Open House, March 23-24

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 14 07:47:56 EDT 2007

I won't be around and Mitch may not be around either. Since we do
want to attract some new blood into the lab (and too much is better
than too little), I would like you  -- the PhD students -- pay
special attention to the part below where Raj discusses breaks:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Rajmohan Rajaraman <rraj at ccs.neu.edu>
> Date: March 14, 2007 12:48:29 AM EDT
> To: faculty at ccs.neu.edu
> Cc: "Bryan D. Lackaye" <lackaye at ccs.neu.edu>
> Subject: PhD Open House, March 23-24
>
> Folks,
>
> An update on the PhD Open House, to be held March 23-24.  The webpage,
> with the outline of a schedule, is below.
>
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/graduate/phd_open_house.html
>
> We will soon populate the speaker slots, based on the visitors'
> interests
> while trying to cover the spectrum of CCIS research.  We are
> expecting 11
> students, the breakup being 5 PL/SE, 2 HCI/AI, 2 DB/IR, 1 Systems,
> and 1
> NET/ALG.

> In the schedule, there are two long breaks -- 3:15-4:15 and
> 5:15-6:00 --
> on Friday afternoon.  This would be a great time for the students
> to visit

Please do engage the visitors here and show them what dissertation
research we have to offer. And, fortunately, we are practicing this
today and you can and should think of this open house as just another
opportunity.

-- Matthias