[PRL] first-class polymorphic values

Paul A. Steckler steck at stecksoft.com
Sun Feb 25 16:24:14 EST 2007

> Sam answered my question pretty well in this thread. I'm
> curious about
> whether there are opportunities for unintended type variable capture
> when you have a sufficiently sophisticated type language, in
> particular
> with polymorphic type application and free type variables.

I'd look at the Weirich boxy types paper, then.

I'm sure you're aware of the issues in Hindley-Milner type
systems, where you have to be careful about what type
variables you generalize over.  There may be additional
subtleties with type variables in the presence of
first-class polymorphism, but that's not something
I've studied.

-- Paul