[PRL] "DOA with SOA" article

shivers at ccs.neu.edu shivers at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Feb 7 11:19:23 EST 2007

Introspection & service discovery differs from the Design Recipe "inventory
step" in that it's formalised and so automatable. The i.s. is a human process,
described loosely in English. You have to turn that step into a program to
have "service discovery." Which is why it was proper & accurate to name that
design hoohah with a humble term like "recipe." Uhh... I'm probably saying
something screamingly obvious here, so please excuse me if I am.

*Very* interesting how this guy hammers on the wonderfulness of being
stateless.

Your yellow-highlighting and note-tagging stuff is super cool, Mitch.

OK, I'm off to search for recipe for bread & jelly.
    -Olin