[PRL] Great Examples of Elevator Pitches

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Feb 5 11:00:39 EST 2007

Elevator Pitch: YOUR TV Show Opening Narration

It's important to have an "elevator speech." A 30-second summary of what
you're working on to tell the boss... When meeting new people, a quick way
to summarize the value of your company and what you do.

It can be challenging to boil down what you do into a short blurb... For
inspiration, I suggest paying attention to the 30-second narrations at the
beginning of TV shows.

At the start of each episode producers deliver the swift backstory and
premise of the show. If this was our first viewing, we would understand what
makes the show worth attention.

This is *EXACTLY* what you need for YOUR elevator pitch... What's your
30-second blurb? Your backstory that builds awareness of the premise of you
(or your project, company, etc...) and lets me know why you're worth my
attention?

For inspiration, here is the text... and some clips from some classic TV
show "elevator pitches." *I've put mine at the bottom of this page...*

Read and listen to these as if they were your *own* backstory. Ask
yourself... Is mine as engaging? Would it make your customers want to tune
in week after week?