[PRL] Fwd: students & slots with Pete Manolios

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Dec 11 09:33:27 EST 2006

Begin forwarded message:

> From: shivers at ccs.neu.edu
> Date: December 11, 2006 9:24:44 AM EST
> To: Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu>
> Subject: students & slots with Pete Manolios
>
> Exactly zero students have requested time w/Manolios.
>     -Olin

Ladies and gentlemen, when we bring in outside speakers, we do this
mostly for YOUR sake so that you get face time with relevant people
from the international research scene. We, the faculty who attend
three, four or five conferences/workshops/pc-meetings a year need
this kind of visit least.

I, too, have solicited meetings from you time and again, with the
same result as Olin. This lack of response is adequate for students
from a third-rank place like Northeastern, but not from students in a
top-tier research lab like PRL.

Let's try this again. -- Matthias