[PRL] Lisp/Scheme logos

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Oct 9 20:01:44 EDT 2006

Public Domain Lisp Logo Set
By Conrad Barski, M.D. <lisperati at gmail.com>

I have created this logo set for anyone who needs an attractive graphic to
indicate their use of, and support for, Lisp. Please feel free to adapt
these logos in any way you want- The original SVG files (Generated in
Inkscape) are included for you below!

*Why an Alien Lisp Mascot?* To most programmers, Lisp seems like an entirely
alien language at first- One thing that I think the Lisp community has
failed to do is convince other programmers that this strangeness is not an
arbitrary obstacle, but a necessary adjustment that imparts great power to
programmers that would otherwise be unattainable. The alien Lisp mascot and
quirky logo designs are designed to accentuate the awesome (and, to most
people, alien) power that Lisp languages have- At the same time, they show
how fun Lisp programming tends to be and that Lisp has wide appeal far
beyond the stuffy academia it is sometimes wrongly associated with.

http://www.lisperati.com/logo.html

Anybody here know anything about this guy? All I could find out about him is
that he lives in DC and gave The Reasoned Schemer a 5-star review on
Amazon.com.

--Mitch