[PRL] hygienic macros

Riccardo Pucella riccardo at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Jul 29 22:07:10 EDT 2006

> Has anyone from the syntactically inclined subset in PRL tried to
> implement (and failed) a macro expander in CαML or Fresh OCAML? I
> believe that this might shed some light on the nature of hygiene. --

Interesting question. A while back, I thought about whether nominal logic
(the formalism underlying C{\alpha}ML and Fresh OCaml could help formalize
the notion of hygiene. Mitch told me that Dave and him had a look at that a
while back, and concluded that the framework was inappropriate. I do not
know the details, however.

 Cheers,
 Riccardo