[PRL] Presentation Workshop: Monday, Mar 20, 2pm, WVH 164

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:44:30 EST 2006

Greg Cooper (one of Shriram's students at Brown) will be presenting at
ESOP later this month.  In order to get feedback on his talk, he will
present a practice version next Monday, March 20, at 2pm in WVH 164.

If you can, please attend and help Greg by giving feedback.

Paper details:
==============
    Embedding Dynamic Dataflow in a Call-by-Value Language

    I will present FrTime, a language designed for writing interactive
    applications.  Inspired by functional reactive programming, the
    language embeds dynamic dataflow in the call-by-value functional
    language Scheme.  The essence of the embedding is to make program
    expressions evaluate to nodes in a dataflow graph, which are updated
    continuously in response to various external events.  The embedding
    strategy eases importation of legacy code and permits incremental
    program construction.  We have integrated FrTime with the DrScheme
    programming environment and have used it to develop several novel
    applications.  We describe FrTime's design and implementation in
    detail and briefly discuss a formal semantics of its evaluation
    model.

Paper available from
<http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/sk/Publications/Papers/Published/ck-frtime/>.

Richard