[PRL] The Haskell Road to Logic, Maths and Programming

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Feb 6 07:46:43 EST 2006

Hm, I have heard of people using Lisp and later Scheme systematically
for teaching logic so that they could easily do the encoding of syntax.
When I was a grad student I even heard of someone writing a book using
Lisp. Of course that was ages ago. For all I know it was written and is
out of print by now. But then that wouldn't matter anyway. I have been
told by the Dutch school more than once that Scheme isn't a functional
language and in their mind probably not even a programming language :-)
-- Matthias