[PRL] mathpazo??

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Dec 14 11:37:37 EST 2005

Right now I'm using the "palatino" package for EOPL3 and for my lecture
notes.  It looks pretty good, but  the Greek letters in the formulas
don't scale quite right.

LaTeX Companion 2ed (p. 371) says that the palatino package is obsolete,
and has been superceded by something called "mathpazo" that gives better
math fonts.

Although this has been around since 2000, it does not appear to be in
our standard Unix image :(.

Does anybody around here

   a) have a copy of Latex that has this package, so I can see whether
it's better? or
   b) know how to install this on the Unix image (preferably without
asking Systems)?

--Mitch