[PRL] Re: Singularity project at MS

John Clements clements at brinckerhoff.org
Fri Dec 9 14:06:09 EST 2005

On Dec 9, 2005, at 11:00 AM, Carl Eastlund wrote:

>>> Is Singularity a Lisp Machine in a C#, OO guise?
>>
>> Um... you forgot the "only runs on Windows" part, unless I miss my
>> guess.
>
> Huh?  No, Singularity only runs on Singularity.  It's an OS.

Yikes, egg on my face, eh?  Okay, would you settle for "probably
won't run, sandboxed or otherwise, on my PowerPC-based mac." ?

FWIW, I'm guessing that sandboxed is the only way that this OS will
run for quite some time, esp. given their assertions that it's a
research project and not a consumer project.

John