[PRL] Trouble installing slatex on my Windows laptop: no slatex.bat

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:01:18 EDT 2005

I'm trying to install slatex on my laptop running Windows XP.

I followed the instructions on the web page.  I'm running PLT Scheme
299.  It asks me what Scheme I'm running, I say "plt" and it says:

Resulting file is `

Then I get a box saying "The evaluation thread is no longer running, so
no evaluation can take place until the next execution."  When I click
OK, it says

my-slatex-src.scm"
You may want to rename it.

The file my-slatex-src.scm looks OK, but no slatex.bat file gets created.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? (Other than running Windows :-) )

--Mitch

BTW, the INSTALL file is missing the key item:

> 3. Change directory (|cd|) to |slatex|.

which *is* on the web page, luckily.