[PRL] Martin Odersky

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:05:55 EDT 2005

... will visit us on the 26th of October. He will give a talk on Scala
enriched with his OOPSLA 2005 paper on component-oriented programming
in Scala. The talk will be in 366, starting at 1:45pm.

In the past Odersky has worked on a wide variety of things: functional
programming, Haskellian type systems, polymorphism for Java, compiler
hacks (get TCO where the underlying machine doesn't do it), and so on.

If you would like to meet with Martin for a separate 30 minute slot,
let me know. I do expect that Ryan, Philippe, and ideally Carl meet
with him and present their current work.

-- Matthias