[PRL] Re: [CSG711] Function Template developed further

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Sep 14 12:01:40 EDT 2005

Karl wrote:
> A key rule of good programming is DRY:
> Don't repeat yourself. Specifically don't repeat your structure
> definitions over and over. Instead just refer to the essential
> elements for a particular requirement.

Good advice.  Most people in PRL already know about macros,
but there might be a few students in CS G711 who don't yet
understand how they could be used to solve this problem.

As I have nothing to do with CS G711, and am uncertain as
to why these messages were sent to the entire PRL, I am not
expressing any opinion on whether such advanced macros are
a pedagogically appropriate technique or topic for the second
week of CS G711.

Will