[PRL] Re: [CSG711] Function Template developed further

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Sep 14 11:02:25 EDT 2005

Yes, I was asked in 1992 to automate the template generation and again
in 1994 when I pushed it seriously. Pedagogically speaking it is a
hugely bad idea. Figure out why on your own.

For the 711 students: As you explore ideas, keep in mind that your
project does NOT have to be a research project. It just has to be based
on a research paper (or several). Also, it doesn't have to be an
implementation project. You can also attempt a paper-and-pencil
project.

-- Matthias