[PRL] Bug tracking software

Eli Barzilay eli at barzilay.org
Thu Aug 18 21:39:38 EDT 2005

On Aug 18, Mitchell Wand wrote:
> I'm considering using a bug tracking system to keep track of
> unresolved issues for eopl3.
>
> Do you have any recommendations?  What does PLT use?
>
> I want something very lightweight (but better than email).

We're using Gnats, which is much more lightweight than all bug
tracking systems I have surveyed at the time.  The main convenience is
that it deals with text files.

However, if this is only tracking of issues that are either fixed or
not, and there is no reporting of new bugs by random readers, and it's
only you and/or Dan who deal with them, then I think that these
solutions are all too heavy, and that a simple solutions of an
"issues" directory in svn would work better.

If you still want a bug system, I can show you tomorrow how we deal
with the Gnats system and what's involved in maintaining it.