[Req #57357] [PRL] Printing from emacs

Eli Barzilay eli at barzilay.org
Mon Aug 15 14:48:58 EDT 2005

On Aug 15, Mitchell Wand wrote:

> Yes, I've looked at the FAQ, but it says things like
>
> >  (setq printer-name "LPT2:")                      ; non-standard port
> >  (setq printer-name "//some-server/its-printer")  ; network printer
> >
> which skips over the interesting part-- namely how you refer to the
> server on our meghugah network.

(meshuga?)

That's the question to systems...  If you have a Windows setup that
they did, then you should be able to go to the printers control panel
and see which server is used for printing from windows.  Then the name
of the printer should be something like the second thing
(//server/printer), the first requires setting up `LPT2' as a printer.