[PRL] Svn clients for MacOS

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Aug 1 17:08:32 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 04:47:07PM -0400, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> On 8/1/05, Mitchell Wand <wand at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> >  OK, at Matthias's urging I've switched from CVS to SVN.  I'm using
> > TortoiseSVN on my Windows machines, and it seems to work quite nicely (apart
> > from the fact that it's separate from emacs :-) ).
> >
> >  Dan Friedman, otoh, has a Mac.  What SVN client should I tell him to get?
>
> Fink's SVN works just fine for me.

That's what I use as well.  It's a purely CLI tool, which Dan may or may
not like.  If he wants a GUI, there may be some other possibilities.
Googling and following links turned up the following project, which
apparently attempts to put a MacOS X-like interface on top of SVN:

  <http://www.lachoseinteractive.net/en/community/subversion/svnx/features/>

I've not used this myself, though, so I can't vouch for its stability,
ease-of-use, etc.  And this is just a front-end to the command-line tool
and its libraries, so he'll need to start there in any case.

If that doesn't work out, I'd see what Google has to say.

Richard