[PRL] Setting up CVS repository for remote access

Felix S Klock pnkfelix at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jul 19 16:24:48 EDT 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 4:02 PM, Paul A. Steckler wrote:

>> There's a CCIS howto for remotely accessing a CVS repository, but the
>> short of it is to use CVS_RSH=ssh, and a CVSROOT like
>>
>> :ext:wand at denali.ccs.neu.edu:/home/wand/path-to-cvsroot
>
> A similar hack works for Subversion, which I'd recommend
> over CVS.  I'm working with an offsite Subversion repository
> with no problems.  Really, no Emacs support?

I don't know what you meant by your last sentence.

I will say that in my experience, Emacs support for Subversion is not
as complete as for CVS.

For example, I had to hack up my own additions to vc-svn.el to get M-x
vc-annotate functionality.

I don't know what Mitch's needs are.  Maybe the standard vc-svn.el will
serve them perfectly.  But it wasn't good enough for me.

-Felix

----
Embrace and Extend RFC1149