[PRL] AOP questions

John Clements clements at brinckerhoff.org
Wed Mar 30 10:47:21 EST 2005

On Mar 30, 2005, at 10:19 AM, Doug Orleans wrote:

> John Clements writes:
>> Things get pretty messed up for
>> non-tree-like evaluations, though;  what about exceptions, or (Heaven
>> forbid) continuations?
>
> That's why I said graph and not tree...

IIUC, I believe that the graph by itself will not be sufficient to
represent an evaluation.  That is, I think that an evaluation will have
to be represented as graph + traversal.

Forgive my ignorance: can you explain, in the model you're describing,
what a node in the graph represents and what edges represent?  Is the
store off on the side?  Is your picture of the world big-step or
small-step?

thanks for your patience,

john