[PRL] heaven and hell

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Mar 23 13:53:28 EST 2005

I found this on Usenet amongst the "Wouldn't You Like To Know
How To Weasel Your Way Into Heaven?" spam.

Will

--------

  Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina dies, and she goes through the
  usual process of defending her case in front of the Divine
  Jury.  It is not clear what happens exactly and where things
  go wrong, but when the jury comes back and the sentence is
  read, it turns out she is admitted into Heaven.

  So Carly is filling in the usual paperwork at the HAO's desk
  (Heaven Admission Officer): non-disclosure agreement, legal
  disclaimers, non-competition clause, etc...

  'Congratulations and welcome to Heaven,' finally says the
  angel.  'Go down the corridor, first door on your right.'

  Carly walks to the door, pushes it open... and staggers back.
  Through the flames and behind the door, all you can see are
  countless devils inflicting the most horrible tortures to
  screaming souls.  She rushes back to the Officer and waves her
  admission pass, breathless.  'Must be an error, this thing
  here says Heaven!'

  'Oh yeah,' says the angel, barely looking up from his/her
  screen.  'Forgot to tell you... we merged'

  --
  Bob Alman