[PRL] music to our ears

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Feb 19 18:01:11 EST 2005

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 01:39:23PM -0500, Mitchell Wand wrote:
> >> Do you have any idea where it's from?  It would be nice to give credit
> >> where credit is due.  I did a quick Google search and didn't turn up
> >> anything useful.
>
> DH> http://www.electricpenguin.com/filking/articles/kanef/
>
> Ahh, that's helpful.  A few more clicks led to
>
> http://www.songworm.com/lyrics/songworm-parody/EternalFlame.html

So, I was moderately curious about _God Lives on Terra_, the song on
which _Eternal Flame_ is based.  A little more Googling led to the
following:

<http://electricpenguin.com/ovff/oldpeg.html> -- see the 1992 section.
That's right, _Eternal Flame_ is filk based on filk, so the song has the
necessary element of recursion.

And, for those who care, you can find the lyrics to _God Lives on Terra_
at <http://www.squarefree.com/music/god%20lives%20on%20terra.txt>.

> OK, gotta do something constructive now....

You and me both...  :-)

Richard