[PRL] legacy code and AOP

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Feb 9 11:34:40 EST 2005

There is a third view to AOP:
(3) Evolution by addition rather than modification. I like to summarize
this as: Talk only to your friends who share your concerns. Of course it
is related to (2): the "other" modularity mechanism is used to program a
new concern as a separate entity.

There is more activity in the C space. The industry track at AOSD 2005
has an invited talk:

Invited Talk: AOP with C++
Olaf Spinczyk

A note to Matthias: the messier a program, the harder it is to write
aspects because your selector expressions will be messy. I consider this
a positive property of aspects: They promote good program structuring.

-- Karl