[PRL] legacy code and AOP

Therapon Skotiniotis skotthe at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Feb 9 11:03:03 EST 2005

I know that AspectC was in the works

  http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/projects/aspectc.html

The main theme there was (I have not followed up on their recent results)
an AOP language to provide better modularity in OS kernel code

There is also TinyC(^2)
  http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/zhang03tinycsuptowards.html
(however citeseer seems to be down)

A more recent addition to the list of C languages and AOP is arachne ...
  http://www.emn.fr/x-info/arachne/

There are also people in belgium that have worked on legacy code and AOP,
the legacy software was implemented in C and Cobol.

( I cannot get to their web page it gives me a 404 ... but I found this web
page instead of the belgian symposium on Software restructuring.)

  http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/ingidocs/people/km/FRFC/workshop_january_2005.html#presentations

The first 2 presenters are the ones I am talking about, without wanting to
take away the spot light from the rest of the people in that workshop.

These are the ones that I am aware of :)

-- Theo

PS. From all the down pages, I am either on a bad connection or my morning
started and continues going realy bad (hahahah)