[PRL] New Paul Graham essay

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:27:02 EST 2005

Scene 19 from "the world's most accurate Life of Brien script" at
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/LifeOfBrian/brian-19.html
put it this way:

FOLLOWERS:
       Brian! Brian! Brian!...
BRIAN:
       Good morning.
FOLLOWERS:
       A blessing! A blessing! A blessing!...
BRIAN:
       No. No, please! Please! Please listen. I've got one or
       two things to say.
FOLLOWERS:
       Tell us. Tell us both of them.
BRIAN:
       Look. You've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow
       me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think
       for yourselves. You're all individuals!
FOLLOWERS:
       Yes, we're all individuals!
BRIAN:
       You're all different!
FOLLOWERS:
       Yes, we are all different!
DENNIS:
       I'm not.
ARTHUR:
       Shhhh.
FOLLOWERS:
       Shh. Shhhh. Shhh.
BRIAN:
       You've all got to work it out for yourselves!
FOLLOWERS:
       Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!
BRIAN:
       Exactly!
FOLLOWERS:
       Tell us more!
BRIAN:
       No! That's the point! Don't let anyone tell you what to
       do! Otherwise-- Ow! No!
MANDY:
       Come on, Brian. That's enough. That's enough.
FOLLOWERS:
       Oooooh. That wasn't a minute!
MANDY:
       Oh, yes, it was.