[PRL] New Paul Graham essay

Eli Barzilay eli at barzilay.org
Wed Jan 26 12:18:37 EST 2005

I think that the superficial hook is very good at making it a load of
crap, but it'd be fine being that even without it.  (As someone who
has plenty of opinions about things that are wrong in this country,
I'd expect myself to agree with him, but I don't.  He seems to follow
the same self-illusion americans have (which is so often pushed by
(badly designed) movies) that *everybody* here is a non-conformist
individual (just try to watch any teen movie and witness the creative
hero being Really Unique by doing things that a everybody does).
Following this illusion is IMO the main thing that makes this crap.)