[PRL] hertz foundation

Jeffrey D Palm jpalm at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Oct 18 17:02:35 EDT 2004

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> The Hertz foundation has sent me a poster on its
> extremely competitive and lucrative fellowships.
> I have attached a copy to my door.
>
> I have been a referee for the foundation, and we
> have had some moderate success at Rice getting
> PhD student money from this foundation. I honestly
> don't know whether they even take apps from NU.
>
> In any case, if you're interested, take a look,
> make a copy, check them out. They are a bit
> different. But success with them is a good
> bullet on your CV.
>
> -- Matthias

The first thing I was told in my interview a few years back for this was
that it was almost *exclusively* given to proposals in the physical
sciences (which was not an encouraging way to start).  But, maybe things
have changed.  Just a note.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Palm --> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jpalm