[PRL] Gaugin printer repair summary

John Clements clements at brinckerhoff.org
Wed Jul 7 13:20:49 EDT 2004

The repairman visited today.  Here's what I learned about the printer
'gaugin':

- He agreed that humidity was the culprit.
- He advised using the paper as soon as possible after taking it out of
the wrapper.
- He advised using only tray 2, especially until he returns (the paper
path is cleaner).
- At least two of the rollers are to be replaced, along with the "paper
input unit" (rough guess).
- We should get it off the carpet, because of the static electricity
risk.
- The repairman will return in one or two days.

mistakes mine (including the soft second g in 'gaugin').

john