[PRL] LaTeX: how to disable underfull hbox warnings?

Richard C. Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Jun 27 21:46:37 EDT 2004

Lo, on Sunday, June 27, Mitchell Wand did write:

> Try
>
> \overfullrule 0pt

Right answer, but wrong question, I'm afraid.  (See elsewhere in thread
for what seems to be the right answer.)

> RCC> Afternoon, all.
> RCC> Does anyone know how to (temporarily) disable LaTeX's underfull \hbox
                                                             ~~~~~
> RCC> warnings?

Plus, doesn't LaTeX default to \overfillrule = 0pt?  I thought you had
to explicitly include the [draft] option to \documentclass (or set
\overfillrule yourself) to get those turned on.

Richard