[PRL] Sun

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Jan 15 22:58:07 EST 2004

Eric Allen (whom some of you met when he gave his talk on his approach
to genericity) will probably have one or two summer intern positions at
Sun's Burlington lab available. His group (under Guy Steele) is working
on an interesting project   mostly concerned with scientific
programming environment. He is interested in interns who wish to work
on this environment and/or a meta-language for refactorings in this
environment. BTW, the idea of building a transformation language into
DrScheme was Robby's original dissertation theme -- way back just when
Eric arrived at Rice. I think both are promising topics and may provide
fodder for a dissertation.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you connected to Eric.

-- Matthias