[PRL] [Req #34477] AutoReply: Setting up a Kwiki

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jan 6 22:27:23 EST 2004

Colin, thanks for your reply.  In the meantime, I figured out good
interim answers to most of my questions, but I generated one more:

> (1) which files do I need to copy?

cp -r worked like a charm :)

> (2) what is the URL of the resulting Wiki?

Yes, I figured this out by process of elimination.  However, the URL
is pretty ugly.  Is there some way to refer to the cgi.ccs... URL from
www.ccs?  Ideally I'd like to put something in my .www that would
automatically redirect to the cgi page.

> (3) the cgibox FAQ says "don't store mission-critical stuff on
>     cgibox".  How seriously should I take this?  Can/Should I back up my
>     kwiki database on a non-volatile file system?  What should I do if
>     I want to run a wiki for a mission-critical application?

Backup via cron should do for the moment.

Hey, I've only burned up an hour and a half setting this up.  But I
need to do something fun every so often.

Thanks for your help.

--Mitch