[PRL] Perl 6

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 1 11:44:33 EDT 2003

The speaker said one thing that hit home:

  "If I had had such great features for 40 years (macros),
   and if nobody had used my language, I would be embarrassed."

We have to be embarrassed in a sense, and I said so during my warm-up
talk on Wed for the ACM. I went there to figure out how we can not just
do the right thing but also get the right thing to people.

Unfortunately all I learned is how to cross a power drill with a kitchen
sink to obtain Perl 6. Oh, and I forgot the chainsaw in the mix. So I
left
after an hour. (As some student in 211 just told me, I took the fun with
me :-)

-- Matthias