[PRL] Maintenance/administration of windows machines

Therapon Skotiniotis skotthe at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Sep 30 00:11:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:49:28PM -0400, Mitchell Wand wrote:
> If systems does not administer your machine, how is it set up?

 I have GNU/Debian and Windows 200O installed.
> Do you
> use a community port and a nomad password to connect to the rest of
> CCIS?

 NO, there is no nomad for my workstation, it is under the old
 dynamic IP setup :). You bootup and that is it :)
 I am not however part of the NFS ...

> How do you deal with backup, antivirus, etc?

 I deal with my own backups ... usually by ftp-ing my staff to CCS
 and by regular backups on CD (the machine has a CD-R)

  For windows ... I have an antivirus program ... for Debian I
  keep some ports close and regularly update applications with
  the latest patches

  If more info is needed ... feel free to mail (or even drop by 222)

  -- Theo