[PRL] Perl 6

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Sep 29 22:59:18 EDT 2003

Tonight Damian Conway (Monash U, Aus) spoke on Perl 6 in Dodge.
I still consider Perl >= 5 to be  a language that's far more
"innovative" (*)
than anything with Java or J in it. It's kind of sad that only four PL
people
showed up. -- Matthias

(*) Perl is probably the first language in widespread use with closures,
functions, object systems, pattern matching, etcetc. It's interesting
to see
how they reach wide audience and how they are catching up with things
that our side of the world have been studying. I give it a couple of
more
iterations and they'll see the value of () :-)