[PRL] Maintenance/administration of windows machines

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Sep 29 22:49:28 EDT 2003

Here's a query for those of you in the lab who have CCIS Windows
machines (not your own PCs):

How is your machine set up?  Does systems administer your machine?  If
so, what kind of image do you have?  What domain does your machine
belong to? What rights do you have on your machine (as PI or as RA)?
etc etc.

If systems does not administer your machine, how is it set up?  Do you
use a community port and a nomad password to connect to the rest of
CCIS?  How do you deal with backup, antivirus, etc?

I've got 1 new PC (Owen's), and at least one more to come, so I'd like
to see what other folks are doing about this.

--Mitch