[PRL] Our web pages are up

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Thu May 8 14:53:22 EDT 2003

> ...order, alas, which puts us on at least the second screenful

It's on the first page of my screen.  It depends on both the width
and height of your window, which makes that page better than most
of the commercial pages that I've had the misfortune to view.  The
commercial pages tend to assume that everyone uses Microsoft IE
with a single window that fills the entire screen, and that the
screen's resolution is the same as the resolution that had been
decreed the corporate IT standard during the previous year or two.
Oh yes, the commercial pages also tend to assume that everyone uses
the factory default settings for Microsoft IE: fonts, sizes, and
so forth.

Will