[Pl-seminar] Cameron Moy: Effectful Software Contracts. This Friday!

Luna Phipps-Costin phipps-costin.l at northeastern.edu
Thu Oct 19 17:51:29 EDT 2023

Hi PRL Seminar -
This Friday (tomorrow) we will be having seminar!    Get ready for more effect handlers content, because we'll be hearing from Cameron Moy!

Speaker: Cameron Moy
Title: Effectful Software Contracts
When: 12 to 1:30*, Tomorrow the 19th.
Where: Forsyth 237
Abstract: Contracts enable programmers to describe sophisticated properties of their components. Effects are sometimes needed to monitor such properties. Unrestricted effects in contracts, though, can violate desirable reasoning principles. This talk proposes effect handlers as a means to unify the existing landscape of effectful contracts, while guaranteeing that contracts remain well behaved.

* We provide lunch from 12 to 12:30.  Then the talk is 12:30 to 1:30.