[Pl-seminar] THIS FRIDAY, June 26 1:30pm: Dr. Roopsha Samanta, Concurrent Trace Sets for Synchronization Synthesis

William J. Bowman wilbowma at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Jun 22 15:37:08 EDT 2015

Reminder: this Friday ....

NUPRL Seminar presents

Dr. Roopsha Samanta (http://pub.ist.ac.at/~rsamanta/)
IST Austria

1:30pm--3:00pm
Friday, June 26th, 2015
Room 366 WVH (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/wand/directions.html)

Concurrent Trace Sets for Synchronization Synthesis

Abstract:
In this talk, I will first present a method and a tool TARA for generating succinct representations of sets of concurrent traces. In our work, we focus on trace sets that contain all correct or all incorrect permutations of events from a given trace. We represent such trace sets as Boolean combinations of happens-before ordering constraints between events.

Our trace set representations can drive diverse verification, fault localization, repair, and synthesis techniques for concurrent programs. In the remainder of the talk, I will focus on the use of our representation for synchronization synthesis.

This work appears in POPL 2015 and CAV 2015, and is joint work with Pavol Cerny, Ed Clarke, Ashutosh Gupta, Tom Henzinger, Arjun Radhakrishna, Leonid Ryzhyk and Thorsten Tarrach.

--
William J. Bowman
Northeastern University