[Pl-seminar] IBM PL Day (joint with NEPLS and NJPLS)

Shriram Krishnamurthi sk at cs.brown.edu
Mon Aug 5 18:31:37 EDT 2013

IBM Programming Languages Day 2013
https://ibm.biz/BdxUKx

The 2013 Programming Languages Day (PL day) will be held at the IBM
T.J. Watson Research Center on Monday, September 23, 2013. This is a
one day event that features a keynote speaker, followed by several
conference-style talks, as well as a poster session for closer
interaction among the attendees. The event is open to all interested
researchers and we encourage local participation from professors and
students from the North-East corridor.

PL day is held in cooperation with the New England and New Jersey
Programming Languages and Systems Seminars. The main goal of the event
is to increase awareness of each other's work, and to encourage
interaction and collaboration.

Leo Meyerovich (UC Berkeley) will deliver the keynote presentation
this year. To submit a topic for presentation or to register, please
visit the webpage at https://ibm.biz/BdxUKx.

Important dates:
- Submission date: August 30, 2013
- Notification date: September 9, 2013
- Event date: September 23, 2013

Program Committee
- Robert Grimm, New York University
- Doug Lea, State University of New York at Oswego
- Rodric Rabbah, IBM Research
- Shriram Krishnamurthi, Brown University

Call for Submissions
We welcome all topics related to programming languages and systems.
Tutorials or joint presentations are welcome. We also solicit input on
topics or particular presentations that would be of interest to
attendees. Talks may vary in length from 15 to 60 minutes so that we
may accommodate smaller results, preliminary work, progress reports,
and tutorials. If you would like to present your work, submit a title,
abstract (about 300 words), and desired talk duration by August 30.
Notification of accepted abstracts will be sent approximately by
September 9.

Registration and Logistics
Please register before September 15 if you are planning to attend PL
day. See https://ibm.biz/BdxUKx for more details. Attendees are
welcome to arrive at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown
Heights starting at 9AM. The keynote presentation will start promptly
at 9:30AM. We expect the program to run until 5:30PM. Further details
regarding local arrangements will be posted closer to the day of the
event.