[Pl-seminar] part time developer for new parent website

Stephen Chang stchang at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Jun 29 01:36:08 EDT 2012

(Resending to pl-seminar because it got bounced the first time.
Apologies for duplicates.)

A friend of mine is building a web tool for new parents and is looking
to hire a few part-time developers to help out.

Her tool aims to help new parents figure out what to buy. These days,
there are a ton of different products available, and even with friends
and relatives giving advice, it's still easy to get overwhelmed. This
tool would help new parents share, receive, and organize information
and recommendations.

The job description is below. If anyone knows someone that would be
interested in this project, they can contact me or Angie directly.
Thanks.

New mom-related web platform looking for part-time web engineer

I am a technology product manager and a new mom.

I am currently building a web tool that will hopefully have a big
impact on the way that new moms spend their money. And I’m looking for
an engineer to help me build it out.

I’m looking for someone that will:
●       Be responsible for system architecture and development for new
product and features.
●       Help to build out development environment including some system and
processes for agile development process.

And the person I’m looking for has:
●       2-5+ years experience building successful production software systems
●       A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or
MS in CS or related field)
●       The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software
architectures and designs to bring them to life.
●       Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern
programming languages (Java, JavaScript, Python/Ruby, ObjectiveC,
Android)
●       Development experience on multiple Platforms.
●       Not only experience building technology products, but also building
scalable technology operations
●       A good sense of humor

Compensation is hourly and negotiable. Living in the Boston area is a
plus but not necessary. Please email angie at mamajamas.com if you are
interested.